Sunday, August 16, 2015

Weekly Announcements for Week of 8/16-8/22

Dear SBSC families,

Practice Schedule
No practice this week. Our next practice will be Tuesday September 1st if you are at Riley and Tuesday September 8th for our New Prairie satellite.

2015-2016 Registration
Our on-line registration platform has been turned on. I have added the registration link to our social websites.  If you are on any of the social sites please like, share, or re-tweet. This is an incredibly easy way to help the club and every little bit helps!   

New Swimmers and Families to SBSC

Welcome to the South Bend Swim Club!  Thank you for choosing our club.  I know there are many options. of not only swim clubs, but every other athletic, artistic, or academic activity you can imagine and I sincerely appreciate you choosing our program for your child.  I will do my absolute best to keep the lines of communication open with you.  My cell phone number is listed below the signature and this is my primary email address.  Please feel free to call, text, or email whenever you have a question.  Our website is a wealth of information.  Among other things, you will be able to find our upcoming meet schedules,tentative practice schedules, and any of our announcements located there.  We also have several social media sites we use to help keep everyone informed.  We have a FacebookTwitter,InstagramTumblrBlogspotGoogle +(for now), and a YouTube page with some limited content.  If you are active on any of these sites please like or follow us to help us keep you informed. 

You will receive a confirmation email sometime this week that will give you access to your account.  Again, if you have any questions please let me know

Parent Meeting Tuesday 9-22

Our fall parent meeting is schedule forTuesday September 6th in the RHS Cafeteria.  At least one adult from each family should be in attendance.  The meeting is scheduled for 60 minutes but I will stay and answer question as long as needed.  I will be covering several topics including all of the proposed changes and the philosophical reasons behind them.  Please mark the date on your calendar

Team Gear Bags
If you were issued a gear bag this spring/summer and you are not planning on returning for the fall/winter season please email me to make arrangements
 
Fall/Winter Season
Here are some changes we will have in place for this season

1. Registration will now be for an entire year for both short course and long course seasons (1st announced 7-5).I've recently received several questions from our members about this change.  I apologize for not being very clear on what this will entail.  Generally speaking this will not change things for the majority of our families.  It eliminates a second registration for those who swim year round and choose to pay by the month or by the season.  Our policy for leaving the team has not changed either.  If I receive an email prior to the first of any month saying your swimmer will not be swimming you will not be charged for that month.  The one change would be for those families not swimming for the spring and summer. I would need to receive an email from you prior to April 1st stating your swimmer will not be participating for the spring and summer.

2. All swimmers will be considered swimming in a meet unless a parent chooses to opt out of the meet by using our "attend/decline" function of our website (1st announced 7-12)
3. Volunteer requirement.  It has not been determined exactly how this will look or be implemented but all families of our club will be required to volunteer a certain number of sessions of the events we attend or host.. (1st announced 7-19)
4. All swimmers will be allowed to practice in March regardless if they have qualified for any championship meets (1st announced 7-26)
5. Tech Suit Policy.  10 and under swimmers will not be allowed to wear tech suits.  11 and over swimmers will be allowed to wear tech suits at season ending championship meets and other meets approved by the coaching staff (1st announced 8/1)
6. New Prairie Satellite.  I will meet with the NP head coach this week and should have some more details to share soon (1st announced 8/8)

I am looking for ways on how I can alleviate the cost of membership with our club and I hope to be able to share some more information with you at our parent meeting.

I realize there are a lot of changes coming for this season and change can be uncomfortable at times.  Please know decisions that are made are what I view are for the best long term success of our swimmers and our club.  I am also aware some of you will want to discuss these changes and I will make myself available whenever you would like to discuss them

As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment